Following the earlier announcement of July 9, 2021 on the signing of the Agreement on the sale of shares of OT-Optima Telekom (Optima), it was announced on the stock exchange that HT Zagrebačka banka today concluded a transaction of selling Optima shares to Telemach Hrvatska, owned by United Group. United Group BV, The Netherlands).
Since Telemach has received all necessary regulatory approvals since the signing of the Purchase Agreement and all other conditions for concluding the transaction have been met, Hrvatski Telekom and Zagrebačka banka today signed a Share Transfer Agreement with Telemach, which is 100 percent owned by HT holding HT) transferred 17.41 percent of Optima shares, and Zagrebačka banka 36.90 percent of Optima shares to Telemach Hrvatska doo, which thus acquires a total of 54.31 percent of Optima shares.
It should be reminded that after the United Group signed a purchase agreement with Hrvatski Telekom and Zagrebačka banka in July last year to take over the majority of Optima Telekom’s ordinary shares, the Competition Agency approved the concentration of Telemach Hrvatska and Optima Telekom. With the latest regulatory approval, all the preconditions for the final conclusion of the sale have been met, on the basis of which Telemach Croatia will become the owner of 54.31 percent of Optima Telekom shares.
With the entry of Optima Telekom as the newest member of the United Group, Optima and its customers will benefit from all previous and planned investments of United Group and Telemach, which includes an investment of almost one billion kuna in modernizing the existing and most advanced 5G mobile network.
Thanks to the complementary supplementation of the portfolio of existing services of Optima Telekom and Telemach, Optima users will be able to converge with the mobile service, and even richer and more diverse television content.
“Through the synergy of knowledge and experience, we will bring a better perspective for Optima users, who will soon be provided with convergent packages of mobile and fixed telecommunications services and the latest generation TV services, with the best user experience. I am especially pleased that we are becoming an equal third integrated operator in the mobile and fixed network, which will encourage stronger competition, and the value of which will soon be felt by all users of telecommunications services in Croatia. In that sense, Telemach continues to invest heavily in the most advanced technologies that raise the quality of our services, and together with Optima we will be able to compete with existing operators, simpler and more technologically advanced convergent services, “said Telemach Croatia President Adrian Ježina. This transaction will strengthen the market position of Optima Telekom and Telemach, which together continue to grow synergistically by offering a full range of telecommunications services, including TV.
By joining Telemach and United Group, Optima Telekom has acquired a reliable partner who will significantly improve its existing business and open new opportunities for the company. A new perspective awaits Optima Telekom employees, 400 of whom, empowered by the stability and strength of the United Group, get the opportunity to participate in creating new values for all Croatian citizens, and Optima Telekom itself whose customers continue to use services under terms agreed and regulated through their current contracts.