Why put in the time and effort on mundane tasks like vacuuming and mopping when a home robot can do it for you?
Save yourself the energy—after all, your time on this planet is finite and shouldn’t be spent cleaning windows.
Here are the best home robots available today.
The Roborock S7+ Robot Vacuum and Sonic Mop double as a vacuum and a mop. When tackling dust, dirt, and pet hair, it has 2500Pa of suction power and a 470ml dust bin to pick up particles as small as 0.3 microns and trap them inside.
Don’t worry about emptying the dust bin yourself; the Roborock S7+ Robot Vacuum and Sonic Mop does that, too. As for mopping, rather than just sloshing cleaner over the surface, it has sonic vibration technology and 600g of pressure to help break up dried-on messes.
The most effective way to use the Roborock S7+ Robot Vacuum and Sonic Mop is to take advantage of its mapping algorithm and scheduler. It maps highly accurate zones, which can be individually chosen by you (or scheduled) for cleaning.
- 2500Pa suction power
- Empties its dustbin at the charging station
- 600g of mop pressure
- Dimensions: 18 x 14 x 8 inches
- Dustbin Capacity: 470ml
- Battery Life: 180 minutes
- Brand: Roborock
- Works on carpets, bare, and hardflooring
- Creates a map that can be broken into separate zones
- Great for pet hair
- Unapproved cleaning solution can clog the mop
Hard flooring, bare floors, and carpets—the Shark Ion R85 Robot Vacuum handles it all. It doesn’t matter if it was cereal that fell on the floor or fine debris like pet hair. Set the Shark Ion R85 Robot Vacuum on it and it’ll be gone in no time.
It’s thanks to the incredible suction power that the Shark Ion R85 Robot Vacuum has, along with an incredibly large 770ml dust bin. As a smart home device, it also has a companion app, which should definitely be taken advantage of. It can directly pause the vacuum’s movements, adjust suction settings, dock, and, most importantly, create schedules for the R85 to adhere to.
- Large capacity bin
- Simple, straightforward companion app
- Vacuums bare floors, hard flooring, and carpets
- Dimensions: 12.8 x 12.53 x 3.44 inches
- Dustbin Capacity: 770ml
- Battery Life: 60 minutes
- Brand: Shark
- Adjusts suction power depending on floor
- Fantastic for cleaning up pet hair
- Large bin capacity
- Have to use BotBoundary strips to create boundaries
For starters, the Skymee Owl Robot captures footage and streams in full HD 1080p resolution with 4x zoom, night vision, and wide-angle view. Want to soothe your pet with your voice? Turn on the two-way audio so you both can enjoy a nice conversation. And, as a bonus, dispense treats.
With all that’s packed into the Skymee Owl Robot, it can operate for up to eight hours of continuous use. It can be operated remotely or automatically based on your pet’s proximity to the Skymee Owl Robot.
- Full HD 1080p camera
- 2-way audio
- Dispenses treats as big as 16mm
- Brand: SKYMEE
- Resolution: 1080p
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi
- App Compatibility: SKYMEE
- Night Vision: Yes
- Internal or External: Internal
- Power Source: USB
- Axis Control: No
- Multiple users can take control
- Small and compact
- Can attach a cat stick at the top
- Only compatible with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
With an eight-inch cutting width and efficient battery, the Worx Landroid S Robotic Lawn Mower mows up to 1/8th of an acre. Furthermore, its ability to navigate narrow paths means you don’t have to break out the weed wacker to trim areas too small for a large, bulky lawnmower. And with a self-adjusting blade, it handles uneven terrain beautifully.
The Worx Landroid S Robotic Lawn Mower’s most useful features, however, fall under ‘set-and-forget.’ You never have to go out of your way to charge the robotic lawn mower; it charges itself. Most importantly, the Worx Landroid S Robotic Lawn Mower adheres to user-created schedules, without ever needing your input. If the day calls for rain, the built-in sensor will pick it up and it safely stores itself.
- Mows up to 1/8th of an acre
- Rechargeable battery; charges itself when low
- 8-inch cutting width
- Brand: WORX
- Working Area Capacity: 1/8th of an acre
- Charging System: Automatic
- Area Capacity Per Hour: Not Provided
- Maximum Active Time: Not Provided
- Weight: 49.9lbs
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Cutting System: Floating blade disc
- Cutting Height Min-Max: 38-76.2mm, adjustable
- Charging Station: Yes
- Operates without instruction if needed
- Notifies you if it’s been removed from its perimeters
- A fence isn’t required
- Won’t cut in straight lines
Rather than maintain the pool yourself, the job of scrubbing algae from the walls or capturing leaves and debris can be done by the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner. And it can do the work for pools up to 50 feet in size in just two hours.
The icing on the cake is the scheduling options. You can set the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner to clean the pool every day, every other day, or every third day.
- Works underwater
- Tangle-free cable
- Climbs walls
- Dimensions: 16 x 10 x 16 inches
- Dustbin Capacity: Not Provided
- Battery Life: N/A
- Brand: Dolphin
- Uses dual-scrubbing brushes to clean
- Sucks up leaves
- Has a weekly scheduler
- Filter needs to be cleaned when finished
All you have to do is place it on the rack, press a button, and forget about it. Most importantly, the Grillbot Automatic Grill Cleaning Robot will clean the surface even when the grill is hot (provided you’ve put out the flames).
The upside to its heat resistance is being able to scrub away any grease and char before it has had time to adhere to the rack. So, if you’re looking for a solution that will help you clean up after a family bbq, this is a great option.
- Three motors power the machine
- Has a rechargeable battery
- Heat-resistant up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit
- Brand: Grillbot
- Battery: Rechargeable
- Weight: 4.53lbs
- Dimensions: 6 x 12 x 12 inches
- Wireless: Yes
- Battery Life: Not Provided
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
- One-button startup
- Nylon brushes are dishwasher-safe
- Bundles with a carrying case
- Stainless steel and brass brushes sold separately
It’s so simple to get the Gladwell Gecko Robot Window Cleaner up and running. Spritz your preferred window cleaner to the washable and reusable microfiber pads and watch it gently scrub the windows without your input. Thanks to a combination of strong suction and smart AI, it sticks to the windows and knows where the edges are.
Don’t stop at windows though. The Gladwell Gecko Robot Window Cleaner does well cleaning car windows and shower doors, too. Save yourself the elbow grease trying to scrub windows when it does a great job for you.
- Washable, reusable microfiber pads
- Can manually control with mobile app
- Suctions to windows to prevent falling
- Brand: Gladwell
- Battery: Rechargeable
- Weight: 4.85lbs
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 9.92 x 6.46 inches
- Power Supply: Power cable, rechargeable battery
- Wireless: Bluetooth
- Battery Life: 30 minutes
- Cleans windows on its own
- Has a 30-minute backup battery
- Can clean car windows and shower doors
- Have to spray beforehand; lacks an active sprayer
Q: Should You Be Worried About Battery Life?
At this point in time, battery life is largely a non-issue. Robot vacuums, for example, tend to charge themselves when their battery runs low. Once it’s charged up, it leaves to finish what it hasn’t vacuumed or mopped yet.
With that said, battery life should still factor into your decision-making. The bigger the house, the longer the battery life should be.
Q: What’s The Use Of A ‘Smart’ Home Robot?
The benefit of having a home robot with smart capabilities are the same benefits you would get from smart light bulbs, thermostats, and so on.
The device can be enabled and disabled from a distance, in addition to adjusting settings. Smart vacuums, for example, are capable of running on user-created schedules without receiving the okay from you.
And if there’s an unscheduled visit, you’ll have the opportunity to activate the smart vacuum even when you’re, say, at work.
Q: Are Home Robots Worth the Investment?
Absolutely. It isn’t recommended you go above and beyond purchasing a home robot for every chore in the house, but a robot vacuum and robot mop are good places to start.
The return isn’t so much about saving money as it is saving yourself time.
We hope you like the items we recommend and discuss! MUO has affiliate
and sponsored partnerships, so we receive a share of the revenue from some of your purchases. This
won’t affect the price you pay and helps us offer the best product recommendations.
About The Author