Did you know that you can use your PS5 DualSense controller with your PC? Here are the different ways you can do so.
The DualSense can connect to your PC through wired and wireless connections, and both these methods are relatively easy. Read on to find out how you can connect your PS5 controller to your PC.
Connecting the PS5 Controller to Your PC With USB
The easiest way to connect your PS5 controller to your PC is with a USB cable. Windows is capable of automatically detecting your controller, so you can skip the hassle of installing drivers.
You will need a USB-C to USB-A cable since the PS5 controller has a USB-C port. Of course, if your computer has a USB-C port, you can also use a USB-C to USB-C cable.
- Connect the USB-C end of the cable to your PS5 controller.
- Connect the USB-A end of the cable to your PC.
- Windows will now notify you that it has detected the controller and your controller will light up.
That’s about it! Your controller is now usable, and you can go ahead and play your games.
If you want to enjoy features such as adaptive triggers, make sure to update your PS5 controller. An outdated controller will still maintain its basic functions, but the immersive features of the controller require the latest firmware updates.
Connecting the PS5 Controller to Your PC With Bluetooth
If you don’t want to deal with wires and play from a distance, you can connect your PS5 controller through Bluetooth as well.
To do this, your PC must come equipped with Bluetooth. If your PC doesn’t have built-in Bluetooth, you can add it to your PC with the help of a Bluetooth adapter.
- In Windows 10 or Windows 11, go to Settings.
- Click on Add a device.
- Select Bluetooth.
- On your PS5 controller, hold the PS and Create button for three seconds until the controller starts flashing in blue. The Create button is the same as the Share button in DualShock 4 controllers.
- On your PC, in the Add a device window, select your controller. Your controller will likely be under the name Wireless Controller.
Once you select the controller, it will stop flashing and emit a steady blue light.
- Click Done.
Note that your controller will use its battery when you use it wirelessly. You’ll have to charge it occasionally to keep it going. Playing with a wired connection will not only reduce your controller’s battery charge, but it will also charge it.
Using and Customizing Your PS5 Controller With Steam
Steam is the most popular PC gaming storefront, and its Big Picture Mode allows you to navigate through the interface with your controller. Steam supports the PS5 controller, and through Steam, you can calibrate and configure your PS5 controller for optimum performance in PC games.
- Connect your PS5 controller to your PC.
- Launch Steam.
- Inside Steam, go to the Steam menu.
- Click on Settings. The Settings window will open.
- In the Settings window, select Controller.
- Click on General Controller Settings.
- With your controller, enable PlayStation Configuration Support.
You should be able to see your controller’s name under detected controllers as PlayStation 5 Controller. With Steam, you have access to many settings for your controller. One example is the controller’s light color.
- Hover on the PlayStation 5 Controller in Detected Controllers.
- On the right, select Preferences.
- Change Player Slot LED to On.
- Adjust the Controller Light Color to your preferred color. Your controller’s color should change in real-time.
- Select Submit.
Setting up your controller for use on Steam will ensure that your controller is compatible with all Steam games.
Play on Your PC With the PlayStation 5 Controller
The popular PlayStation 5 controller is compatible with PC. You now know how to connect your controller to your PC with a USB cable or wirelessly through Bluetooth.
Steam also supports the PlayStation 5 controller, and you can use Steam to calibrate and customize your controller. With all that being said, now’s the time to launch your PC game and explore its world with your PlayStation 5 controller.
About The Author