Regret posting a photo or video in your story? Here’s how to remove it before the story auto-expires.
Whatever the reason, Facebook gives you the ability to delete your stories before they automatically delete after 24 hours. In this article, we will walk you through the process of deleting your Facebook stories.
How to Remove Your Story on Facebook
Facebook allows you to delete your story on its app and web versions. This guide will cover both versions so that you can delete your story regardless of how you are accessing Facebook.
Get Rid of a Story on the Facebook Android App
To delete your story on the mobile version of Facebook:
- Launch the Facebook app on your mobile device and log in.
- Navigate to the story you want to delete.
- Tap the vertical ellipsis to reveal options.
- Select Delete video or Delete photo, as the case may apply.
- Tap Delete on the confirmation prompt.
Clear a Story on Facebook Web
Deleting your story on the web version of Facebook is similar to the process on the app.
- Log in to Facebook on the web, navigate to the story you want to delete, click on the vertical ellipsis, and select Delete video.
- Click Delete on the confirmation prompt and your story will be deleted.
And there you have it.
Can You Recover a Deleted Story on Facebook?
Unlike what happens when you delete a Facebook post, you cannot recover a deleted story. So, if you delete your story by mistake, you will have to re-upload it as Facebook does not give users the ability to recover deleted stories.
Removing Your Facebook Story Is Easy
Deleting your story on Facebook is a simple process that can be done on both the app and web versions of the site. Just remember that once you delete your story, it’s gone for good. There is no way to recover a deleted story on Facebook.
About The Author