Asobo Studio and Focus Entertainment reveal the release date for the second episode of the dark and poetic A Plague Tale.
More cinematic than its predecessor, A Plague Tale : Requiem also sees its gameplay improve. Hugo is now able to control his powers, he helps Amicia on a convoluted traverse through a vast red ocher quarry filled with soldiers looking for them by revealing the location of enemies to her, which matches the vision mechanic X-ray. Amicia has more deadly ways to get rid of her enemies, including using her dagger and crossbow. Hugo can also unleash a torrent of rats that completely engulfs enemies and devours them. If forced to abuse his gift, Amicia’s little brother can pass out from exhaustion and lose control of the rats.
A Plague Tale: Requiem and the contents of its collector’s edition
- Collector’s box
- A physical copy of the game (next-gen versions come with an exclusive cover art through the Focus Entertainment Store)
- A finely painted and detailed 21cm resin statuette of Amicia and Hugo
- A thin metal brooch inspired by the feathers worn by Hugo in the game
- The soundtrack composed by Olivier Derivière on a 45 rpm vinyl (two tracks)
- Three illustrations printed in A4 format
- Pre-order bonus: Protector Pack including Red Damsel skin for the crossbow, bonus resources and thirteen exclusive cosmetic items for Amicia
Ten minutes of gameplay for A Plague Tale: Requiem
A Plague Tale: Requiem will be available on October 18 on PS5, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Nintendo Switch (via Cloud Gaming) and PC. The Xbox Game Pass will offer the continuation of the Amicia and Hugo adventures from its launch.