Sonic will once again be featured in various games, movies, series, and even official fan merchandise.
Ivo Gerscovich, head of the brand Sonic the Hedgehogand Takashi Iizuka, Chief Creative Officer of Sonic the Hedgehog, unveiled the Japanese publisher’s new experiences centered around the famous blue hedgehog Sega planned for the next few months via a virtual event broadcast on the Youtube and Twitch platforms.
Sonic Central Announcements
- Sonic Origins – The best way to play the original Sonic games (Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2 and 3, Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic CD) fully remastered with fresh ideas like Mirror Mode and new animations. Release scheduled for June 23 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC
- Sonic Frontiers – The license takes a big leap forward by offering Sonic maximum freedom and speed in the heart of the Starfall Islands with landscapes studded with dense forests, overflowing waterfalls or even vast deserts. Coming soon to PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC
- Fall Guys – In August, players will be able to embody Sonic, Knuckles and Tails in Mediatonic’s party game which will be free-to-play on all platforms from June 21
- Sonic Speed Simulator – Roblox’s fastest game that invites players to level up and gain speed as they race through original worlds, while challenging their friends to race for the best rewards. New Chemical Plant World Content Unlocks Amy Rose Mayhem Using Dedicated Code
- Sonic Forces and Sonic Dash – Unlock special characters from the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie in the Sonic Forces and Sonic Dash mobile games this summer. For Halloween, keep an eye out for Mephiles the Dark as Super Shadow joins the dance next November. In Sonic Dash and Sonic Dash+ on Apple Arcade, top performers will be showcased with Player Banners and welcome Sir Percival
Cinema and Television
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – Paramount Pictures announces the arrival of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Blu-ray and digital release with hidden scenes, bloopers, behind the scenes and an exclusive animated short set right after the events of the second film adaptation
- Sonic Prime – The New Animated Adventures of Sonic on Netflix in partnership with WildBrain
- A G FUEL energy drink inspired by Knuckles
- Tails and Knuckles PEZ dispensers.
A serigraph by Moor Art Gallery
- Resin statues of Amy Rose and Miles “Tails” Prower from F4F
- 1990s inspired Sonic statues by Neamedia
- Gaming accessories including a Razer wireless controller and Sonic the Hedgehog charging station
- An EXG Cable Tie figure
- Sonic Sportswear at HYPE
- Dr. Eggman’s Egg Mobile Battle Set by Jakks Pacific with five configurations from the video games. Expected this fall