You have blocked some of your Facebook contacts and now you want to unblock them? This operation is very simple, both from a web browser and from the mobile app.
You have blocked contacts on Facebook and you realize after the fact that you no longer want to cut ties. So here’s how to reverse your decision and reopen your News Feed to certain people.
How to unblock a person on Facebook?
How to unblock a person on Facebook on the website?
To get started, log in to Facebookthen follow these steps:
- Left-click on your profile picture in the top right.
- From the menu that appears, select Settings and privacy.
- Then, in the next menu, click on Settings → Privacy → Blocking.
- Select block users in the right part of the window.
- The window that appears prompts you to add a block or consult the list of blocked people.
- Select the latter option; the list of people blocked by you is then displayed.
- Just click on the button Unlock to the right of the name of the person you want to reauthorize.
- Facebook asks you to confirm that you want to unblock this person and warns you that they will have access to your News Feed again.
How do I unblock someone on Facebook on the mobile app?
To get started, launch the Facebook app. Then follow these steps:
- Tap your photo in the top right of the app.
- In the menu that appears, skip the part dedicated to shortcuts to identify the line Settings and privacythen select Settings.
- On the next page, press Profile settings → Blocking.
- The window that appears offers you to add a block and, just below this offer, you have your list of blocked people.
- Just click the button Unlock to the right of the name of the person you want to reauthorize.
- Facebook asks you to confirm that you want to unblock this person and reminds you that they will have access to your News Feed again.
You now know how to unblock a contact and if you made a mistake or realize that unblocking it was a bad idea… You will have to wait 48 hours before you can block it again.
To follow us, we invite you to download our Android and iOS application. You can read our articles, files, and watch our latest YouTube videos.